Monday, January 24, 2005

'bout time I got into this.

Ok, so I'm hardly a prolific Blogger, but it's only been six months.Anywhoo, this January has felt like a brand new start in lots of ways. I'm teaching guitar for a living, which has not only become an enjoyable way to spend my evenings, it also means that I have really had to get it together with my own playing. As a self taught Blues / Rock player (isn't everyone?) I could blag my way around the fretboard and do some good Clapton and Santana impressions, but if you'd asked me what a triad was I would have gone for the Hong Kong gangster answer. So as well as teaching I'm learning too. The good thing is it means that day is flexible again!

This weekend we had some of the guys up from Bristol Vineyard for a worship seminar. I had felt for a while that this would be a significant weekend for the church (Almond Vineyard), our worship team and for me. As I try to wake up on this Monday morning I feel a huge sense of peace and grace.....not my usual Monday feeling.

I also discovered that there was such a thing called ice cream cake (I was still having trouble with the concept of cheesecake), and I've never seen someone's eyes light up so much as when Matt T from Bristol saw it on the table.

Next week is Bournemouth, the leader's conference. It's earlier this year, so the timing feels a little strange but I'm really looking forward to it, I'm expecting big at the moment, so who knows what will happen.


2 Comments:

Blogger Small Group said...

Dude, ice cream cake is the stuff! Was great to hang with you guys too! Look forward to doing it again!

11:16 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

1:40 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home