Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Tough Times

After such a powerful conference, I guess the kickback was inevitable. I found out last Thursday that my mother has been diagnosed with breast cancer. That phone call came just before I walked into the last evening session at Bournemouth. I couldn't find a way to tell anyone as I think I would have lost it. Worship almost broke me and then I experienced the tenderness of God in the ministry time. The next few weeks and months will be tough for the family. You assume, as a son that a mother is eternal and will always be there, and she may be but this kind of illness has you fearing the worst. It's situations like this that remind you that you are a grown man and now it's time to step up to the plate as the roles reverse. Those of you that pray.....you know what to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Yes, we do, and yes, I will. You can count on God.

11:16 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home