Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I Wish All CEOs Were Like This


I recently had the opportunity to exchange my Gibson DC for a mint condish Rickenbacker 650A (a guitar that I never could afford new) in a straight swap. Of course I jumped at the chance. God is good!! Rickys aren't for everybody, this one has a large chunky neck, and a wide fretboard radius. There are the mini humbuckers, and its....turquoise. Well, the Gibson was yellow, so cosmetics can't be that important. Anyway, I did a fair bit of research on this guitar as it's been discontinued for a few years. Naturally I browsed Rickenbacker's web site and their forum. What surprised me was that the CEO of Rickenbacker John Hall regularly posts there. In fact I asked a question about this particular guitar and he was the first to reply. Now this guy runs one of the top guitar companies in the world, and he runs it in a very principled and and top notch way, but he spends a big portion of his day communicating with his customers over the net. he seems down to earth, knowledgable and passionate about what he does.

It just goes to show that you can achieve excellence and be relational at the same time. I have no excuse to say to people that I don't have time for them when a CEO of a high flying company puts such a high priority on it. If I don't have time, it's usually because I've just watched too much TV. Jesus' ministry had this running through it. He put people first, every time, no excuses. We can often get caught up with other things (church included) that we forget just why we're doing this in the first place....people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home