Saturday, August 20, 2005

Where'd the world go?

So much has happened in the world since I last posted, but I really don't want to get into all that heavy socio political stuff just now. I guess I've learned this month that it all comes down to serving and worshipping God, that has to come first in everything we do. Anyway, good stuff that's happened since my last post.

1. Great time on the island of Gozo (even got stung by a Jellyfish so that I have a story to bore people with)

2. Felt God tell me to stop relying on my wits, ability, etc (ie, blagging my way through things) and get some honest hard work and practice done with my music, now that's really started to pay off and I've had to repent of laziness often!

3. Both Deb and I feel it's time to move house, but we need a hugely increased income and a couple of miracles, but hey that'll glorify God more.

4. Decided to put a covers band together to play weddings and such, first Jam / rehaersal was tonight in a local studio. Really great to hear my Strat cranked through a cooking valve amp playing "Gimme Some Lovin'" and "Teenage Kicks".

4.(b) Also tonight was reminded of what my voice can do. When you lead worship with a congregation you have to sing in a way that people can follow. It was nice tonight to let loose, although my throat's sore now as some of those high notes......man!

5. Things are far from perfect right now, but I can feel God around every corner, something's stirring.

6. I have songs on the iTunes Music Store, do a search for my name and check it out.

My prayer this week, "Yes Lord......NEXT!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home