Monday, September 05, 2005

Go Forth.....

I'll leave you to fill in the blank at the end of the sentence! I've been deliberating over how and where to do this evening worship service that I felt the Lord has put on my heart. I wandered around the area (mainly in the car!) with Kent Chandler a friend of mine from the Almond Vineyard, to see if the Lord was speaking. Although a few weeks ago I couldn't have predicted things working out this way, I've got the impression that He's interested in affecting the Forth Valley with an authentic, worshipping community. For me that is the small cluster of towns that run from Linlithgow, Bo'ness up through to Falkirk and Stirling. Interestingly Falkirk College which has a campus in Stirling also is now called "Forth Valley College". The people (including us) who live around here tend to live in one of the towns, shop in another and work somewhere else. They move freely and frequently from Bo'ness to Falkirk, or Linlithgow to Stirling and every other combination.

This has realy been highlighted to me that any regional church here would have groups in the these towns but be under one banner. So, in my question to the Lord as to which bit does He want, it seems the answer is, "All of it!"

I've mentioned before that when we first moved up here we felt kinda snowballed into doing stuff but we were far from ready. If anything had been successful then it would have been because we felt we had to do it.....something to prove!

However now, it feels different. I can't see us doing anything else. Will this little service and maybe a housegroup become a church or even a satellite. Well, I don't know, but I can't help feeling the Lord about the place and if He wants to use us then all the better,

I remember Steve Barber's advise on church planting, "If there's anything else you can do, then do it", well Steve I don't think there is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home