Thursday, September 08, 2005

Getting Renovated

if there was a song that could sum up how the past few years have been and especially with greater intensity the past few weeks, it would be, "Change me on the inside". Especially this past week I've felt like there are a gang of builders and decorators inside me ripping out all the old fixtures and fittings and putting new things in. Every day is becoming a little adventure in seeing what God is doing and challenging me on. There have been some tough areas that are finally getting broken, God is really emphasising holiness, integrity and devotion. I get the impression that if I don't listen and take heed, then I'm a dead man.

Sounds heavy, but I think that there comes a stage where we all have to grow up and face the call on our lives. I spent most of mine wondering what I was for, finally at the age of 32 I've started listening. I was thinking back over the 17 years I've been a christian to the advice, words, prophecies I was given and I can really see, with hind sight, what the bigger picture was.

I've started to realise that most of the people who gave me challenging or hard words over the years, might actually have been hearing from God and not just getting at me. Well it took me a while, but now I can see that pastors do talk a lot of sense when they need to. You know who you are...

Anyway, the good side of all this is I have never felt God's presence stronger in my life and all I can do at the moment is spend time with Him, worship Him, read about Him, listen out for Him. It's like becoming a christian all over again.

Todays prayer, " Thanks Lord...You really do know what You are doing."