Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Quote of the Week


I don't quite know why but this quote, paraphrased from a recent BB King interview really hit me. I know that as leaders, teachers, musicians etc in the kingdom of God, we are doing what we do, just to serve God, see Him glorified and give Him the reward. But through the years I've seen that used as an excuse to take people for granted, and I'm guilty of doing this myself as they are often the last to speak up. Often we don't reward or "usefully bless" those who serve quite enough. After all in the scripture it says, that a worker deserves his wages. Whilst we should instill the servant heart and preffering others I think we need to look at we look after our co-workers and those we lead.

Heres' the quote, interpret it how you will:

"When I played gospel, everybody said how good I was, but when I played a blues they put something in the hat.....from then the choice was easy and I choose blues".

BB King (paraphrased)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home