Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The rollercoaster & some new music

After the intensity and blessing that was last week, the inevitable happens and my mood goes up an down like a yo yo. I guess it's returning to the routine of every day life and work and problems and worries that carries. I think part of it is plain old attack. I often wake up on a Monday, especially after I've lead worship the previous day, feeling like a waste of skin and struggling to get myself into the day. It soon passes but it can be a battle. I guess it goes with the job, take enemy territory and expect to get countered to some degree. Hopefully I'm getting better at dealing with it and just getting on with what God's called me to. Dan Wilt has a phrase, "beauty and brokeness", which has stuck in my head. We are all capable of exercising both, especially the artistic community.

Anyway, on a cheerier note, I was particularly inspired by some music that I found out about from a guy called Jess Duley, a really good guitarist. I admire anyone who can play fingerpicked acoustic guitar this well, but Jesse combines technical prowess with a lot of feel, which is a rare thing. So, whilst I go off and bury my own guitar in the back garden (only joking!) you can download Jesse's album here. Be sure to go to his blog and let him know what you think. And whilst I'm feeling generous, my own tracks are available for a while on my iDisk folder here. It's the "Breaking out the BlueDay" folder. If any of you who read this (hopefully there is more than one) want to post links to your own music the feel free to leave a comment.